The Met Office is anticipating thunderstorms in the south-west, including Bude, tomorrow. All in all, it looks a most unpleasant day. Let’s hope it does not impact Bude at War.
The warning lasts from 7am to 6pm.
The Met Office says:
Heavy showers and thunderstorms are expected to move northwards during Sunday. Some torrential downpours are possible, with a chance of 50-70 mm of rainfall accumulating in a few places, potentially in a few hours, although many areas will miss the worst. Lightning, hail and gusty winds are also possible hazards.
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
- Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost