From the Met Office:
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for wind on Saturday, which covers the whole of Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Somerset and into South Wales and Avon?/ampshire.
Unseasonably windy weather will affect parts of the UK on Saturday leading to a risk of disruption to travel and outdoor activities.
Be especially wary by the coast and if you are camping.
This potentially means:
- longer journey times or cancellations as road, rail, air and ferry services are affected
- a chance that some roads and bridges could close
- a chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- a small chance of injuries from flying debris, and large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties
- a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs, as well as to temporary structures and tents