Yesterday, three appliances from Bodmin, Wadebridge Community Fire Station, Water Rescue appliances from St Austell Community Fire Station and two whole-time officers were mobilised to two cows which were stuck in 4-metre deep slurry at Washaway, Bodmin.
Slurry is pretty nasty stuff, as it poses a danger of drowning and gas poisoning.
The cows were fortunately recovered using line rescue systems, inflatable rescue paths and agricultural machinery, all specialist equipment from Bodmin and St Austell along with a tele-handler from the farm.
Crews were able to safely remove the cows and reunite them with their herd.
Photos are from Wadebridge Fire Service’s Facebook page. Regulations on slurry storage are changing.