Storm Ciara weather warning turns amber as we have hit the weekend.
Much of the country is now under an amber warning for wind and yellow for rain. The Met Office says:
Storm Ciara will bring a spell of very strong winds. Disruption to travel is likely during Sunday.
What to expect
- Flying debris could lead to injuries or danger to life
- Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs expected
- Longer journey times and cancellations, as road, rail, air and ferry services affected
- Some roads and bridges closed
- Power cuts with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Injuries and danger to life from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties
Batten down the hatches and keep safe.