From 17 July
- Anyone may use public transport but they will be encouraged to use alternative transport where possible.
- As previously stated, from the 25 July – indoor gyms and pools can reopen.
From 1 August
- There will be an update to the guidance on returning to work. Businesses will have discretion for what works for them and their employees.
- Most remaining leisure settings, bowling, skating rinks, and close contact beauty services will be allowed to reopen. Nightclubs and soft play will remain closed for now.
- Live performances will also restart, following some successful pilots this month. They will begin to pilot larger gatherings, for example in sport stadia for reopening later in the autumn.
- Wedding receptions for up to 30 people will also be able to take place.
- Schools, nurseries, and colleges to open on a full time basis.
- Conferences and Business Events to resume in a COVID-secure way, subject to successful pilots.
- Audiences to return to stadia.
- More close contact between friends and family in time for Christmas.
The Prime Minister also said that from tomorrow 18 July local authorities will have new powers to be able to close specific venues, shut public places and cancel events.