Storm Bella is expected to bring some disruption to travel and utilities over parts of south-west England, Wales, and southern England today and into Sunday. There is an amber warning for strong winds and a yellow warning for rain. The two together form a nasty cocktail.
What to expect – info from the Met Office
- Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected
- Some roads and bridges likely to close
- Probably some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs
- Flying debris is likely and could lead to Injuries or danger to life
- Injuries and danger to life is likely from large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and properties
- There is a good chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage