In a letter to parents and carers published on the school website, Headteacher of Budehaven School, Mr Dominic Wilkes has advised:
As the self-isolation periods of our staff and students currently having to isolate will be complete as of the end of next week, we will aim to reopen to all students on Monday 30th November. This will enable our in-school curriculum provision to resume, with enough staff to ensure a safe and meaningful return to school for all.
In the meantime, the provision we have in place for vulnerable children and Key Workers’ children will be as follows:
- Year 7 – available on Wednesday 25th November and Thursday 26th November
- Years 8 and 10 – available from 19th November to Thursday 26th November
- Year 9 – Year group is self-isolating until the full return of pupils on 30th November, therefore the in-school provision is unfortunately closed
- Year 11 – available from Monday 23rd November to Thursday 26th November
- Years 12 and 13 – available on Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th November
Of course, the situation is being monitored on a daily basis.
Meanwhile, the school staff members have thanked the community on the Facebook page, where they say:
All the Staff at Budehaven would like to say a massive ‘thank you’ for the wonderful, supportive messages we have received today.In what has been an unprecedented time for the school community your kind words have been very warmly received.We thank you all.