Torridge’s Community Grant Scheme is now entering its third year of operation with grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 up for grabs. In the last few years the scheme has distributed nearly £800,000 right across the district which has helped community halls, local clubs, and organisations make their wish-lists become a reality.
The process of applying is quick and easy but applications must adhere to the following criteria:
- The funding isn’t available for a project that has already been completed.
- The project must be achievable within the funding timescales.
- A Project must be within the Torridge area with funds to benefit residents of Torridge.
- It must have the support of ALL relevant Local Ward Councillor(s).
- A Project must be run by a Local Parish or Town council, voluntary organisation, community group, social enterprise – not individuals or businesses.
- The project must have a long-term impact. Applications for capital spending will be considered, but core organisational costs such as salaries, rent or utilities will not be eligible.
Councillor Phil Pennington – Lead Member for Community, Culture & Leisure said:
“The fact that we have been able to distribute nearly £800K in grants so far is one of the really rewarding things about being a Councillor in Torridge. Now in its third year the scheme will continue to provide valuable funding for the many wonderful projects led by local people that continue to benefit local communities. If you have any questions about the scheme don’t hesitate to get in contact with our officers!”