Devon & Cornwall Police has posted on its website it needs puppy walkers. Here is what is said:
If you would be interested in becoming a puppy walker, you will need to be:
- Prepared to live with a lively and strong puppy.
- Live in Devon or Cornwall
- Own no other dogs so the puppy can grow up standing on its own feet and does not end up romping with other dogs during its crucial period of physical development.
- Have your own transport so that you and the puppy can attend our fortnightly development sessions, which are usually held at Exeter and Plymouth.
- Have an enclosed garden
- And have someone always at home so that the puppy is never left on its own beyond 2 hours.
Food, equipment, veterinary care, is all provided by the force but unfortunately, we cannot currently fund travelling costs to our fortnightly training sessions.
Anyone interested should contact Jen our kennel person on 01392 226399 or 07595 006197, who works Monday – Friday 8 am to 4 pm. She is often out of the office but if you leave a message on the answer machine she will take your details and forward an application form to you if you leave your name and address.
For more information on what is involved at the fortnightly puppy walking meetings please read Paul Glennon’s blog.
Or follow the Force dogs on Twitter @DC_PoliceDogs.