Let’s Talk Cornwall is engaging with the public on proposals to develop apartments for older people in the town. There is a survey to complete if you click on the link, to have your say. A planning application will be submitted in July, 2021.
The website says:
We are proposing to develop land at Binhamy Farm in Bude for residential accommodation for older people
Binhamy Farm, Bude, is being built to provide older persons accommodation. We are hoping to encourage local people to downsize and free up some much-needed family homes in the area whilst moving to a purpose built development specifically built with the needs of older people in mind.
Once completed, Binhamy Farm will include:
- 14 one and two bedroom apartments which will be accessible with some units being fully wheelchair friendly.
- 7 one and two bedroom bungalows for shared ownership
- The one bedroom apartments will have an additional study to give the residents some additional space
- All apartments will be serviced by a lift
- All apartments will be built to the HAPPI principles which means that the design has been well thought out to create spaces that are comfortable, spacious and filled with natural light.
- The apartments have been designed to include an outside/ inside balcony
- Landscaped communal gardens
- A communal room for the exclusive use of the residents
- Designated parking
- A safe and secure storeroom for mobility scooters
- All properties will be heated via an Air Source Heat pump therefore helping the environment by cutting down the use of fossil fuels
The properties will be due for completion in 2023 and will be available for rent or buy through the Cornwall Homechoice lettings system. All the properties will be subject to a S106 local connection criteria as well as only being available to people over the age of 55.
At this stage, we would like your feedback to help inform our planning application.