Pensioner fall sparks fire in Bude

Yesterday evening, Critical Control received a 999 call from Careline reporting an elderly occupant in Bude had fallen during cooking, was unable to stand and that a fire had started from the cooking appliance.

Control graded the incident as Persons Reported, so immediately mobilised two appliances from Bude Community Fire Station, and requested a third appliance from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (Holsworthy). A Flexi-Duty Officer was also mobilised.

As a Persons Reported incident, Control requested assistance from both the Police and Ambulance Service.

Both appliances from Bude arrived at the same time as a Rapid Response Paramedic. On arrival, crews found that the occupant had been removed from the property by a relative. Crews ventilated the property which was smoke-logged, while a Paramedic assessed the occupant, who was fortunately found to have no serious injuries.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.