Chimney Fire Near Holsworthy

The Devon & Somerset Fire Service received a call to a report of a chimney fire at Haytown, Putford, near Holsworthy, yesterday tea time.

More info chimne..Devon ..

Bude Men in Safe Theft, Camelford

The Camelot Garage at Valley Truckle in the Camelford area was broken into at around 4.30am on Sunday 7th October 2012. The upstairs office was forced open and a safe was stolen from the wall.

Later that morning at around 8.30am, a local man spotted two men in a field trying to open a safe. They fled the scene in a blue Ford Mondeo car.

More info BudeCamelf..

Soccer Scores Highly in Male Health

Exeter University has helped demonstrate that playing football (soccer) could be the best way for people with high blood pressure, known as hypertension, to improve their fitness, normalise their blood pressure and reduce their risk of stroke. Research from Universities of Exeter and Copenhagen, and Gentofte University Hospital in Denmark, published today (Monday 15 October 2012) in the journal Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, suggests that football training prevents cardiovascular disease in middle-aged men with hypertension and is more effective than healthy lifestyle advice currently prescribed by GPs.

More info footba..hypert..

Missing at Sea – Search for Lone Yachtswoman off N Cornwall Coast

Falmouth Coastguard is appealing for any information about the whereabouts of a white with blue stripe 31 ft yacht Seagair skippered by a 65 year old woman.

More info coastg..North ..

Today at Summerleaze

A few photos taken today at Summerleaze Beach, Bude

More info Summer..

Butane Gas Fire in St Austell

Police and Fire services are investigating the circumstances of a fire at Trevanion Road, St Austell, that occurred shortly before 11.20pm on Saturday 13th October. One line of enquiry being followed is that the fire might have been caused inadvertently by two males reportedly sniffing butane gas in a room shortly before the fire broke out.

Two males remain in a serious condition in hospital with burn injuries. At this time the injuries do not appear life threatening. 15 people were evacuated from the premises.

More info burnsbutane..