Owner and dog rescued in Kilkhampton fire

An accidental property fire was reported at Kilkhampton last night.

Bude Fire Crew Facebook page says:

Last night two crews from Bude were mobilised to a property fire in a semi-detached chalet in Kilkhampton. On arrival, smoke was issuing from the building – crews gained access and quickly extinguished a fire in the kitchen. One casualty was treated with medical oxygen due to smoke inhalation. A dog was also found to be unresponsive; overwhelmed with smoke inhalation. Crews treated the dog using the fantastic Smokey Paws animal Oxygen Therapy mask. We’re delighted to say that both Ruby and her owner are making a good recovery.

Fantastic news and well done, crews! Photos from the Bude Community Fire Crew FB page.

 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.