Professional Open-Air Theatre returns to North Cornwall for one night only – in the grounds of the oldest building in Bude!
The HandleBards present
‘Much Ado About Nothing’ by William Shakespeare
at Ebbingford Manor, Vicarage Road, Bude EX23 8LN
Sunday 2 June 2019 at 6.30pm
Described by none other than Sir Ian McKellen as “uproariously funny”, the four-strong all-male HandleBards present Shakespeare’s plays as you’ve never seen them before – fast-paced, irreverent and bicycle-powered.
“We are a troupe of cycling actors who carry all the set, props and costume needed to perform extremely energetic, charmingly chaotic and environmentally sustainable Shakespeare plays across the globe.
We specialise in outdoor theatre, as we love performing in the open air.”
About The Show: A group of soldiers return from the war to a household in Messina, causing the kindling of new love interests and the re-kindling of old rivalries. The parallel love stories of Beatrice, Benedick, Claudio and Hero become entangled with plotting, frivolity and melodrama in Shakespeare’s famous comedy.
Join the four-strong, all-male troupe for a riotous bicycle-powered production, filled with drunkenness, mayhem and cross-dressing aplenty.
In usual HandleBards style, you can expect riotous amounts of energy, a fair old whack of chaos, and a great deal of laughter.
- Tickets: £12 Full / £10 per person for Families (parent/s with child/children under 18yrs)
- The play lasts 2 hours including an interval and is suitable for all ages.
- Bring low back seating or blankets, suncream, picnics
- Tea/coffee available – proceeds to Connect Bude (campaigning to reconnect Bude & Holsworthy to the National Railway Network initially via Okehampton)
- Raffle for Connect Bude (To join Connect Bude please visit the website: http://www.connectbude.uk/ )
Tickets available now from:
- Spencer Thorn Bookshop, Bude
- Ark Angel Christian Bookshop, Bude
- Seventh Wave Gallery, Bude
- or via wegottickets https://www.wegottickets.com/event/470914
- or on the door
This event is a B.O.A.T Show (Bude Open-Air Theatre) and is being promoted by Bude Youth Theatre.
Any proceeds will support free places in Bude Youth Theatre for those in hardship.
Thank you for your support. Please pass on the information to all your contacts.
(And if you plan ahead – the next shows will be Quantum Theatre’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ at 6.30pm on Fri 5 July and ‘Wind in The Willows’ at 6.30pm on Wed 28 Aug.)