Well, if you’re looking for a cheaper Christmas party deal, then you can do worse than checking out your local supermarket.
Morrisons Bude is opening its café to Christmas party groups – offering £7.50 a head 3-course meals including traditional fare, such as prawn cocktail starters, British turkey and all the trimmings and traditional Christmas pudding and custard.
The Christmas Meal Deal has been created in response to new research which shows that 70 per cent of UK workers expect cutbacks to their work parties this Christmas because of tough trading conditions, economic uncertainty and fragile confidence, with one in twenty (5 per cent) expecting it to be cancelled altogether.
Tables for up to 20 can be booked at the Stucley Road store now for Monday 25th November to Monday 23rd December.
The Morrisons Christmas Meal Deal starts from £6.50 a head for a 2-course meal or £7.50 a head for the full 3-courses. In a touch of festive generosity, Morrisons is serving all Christmas dinners with roast and mashed potatoes. Vegetarian and vegan options are also available.
Helen Tordoff, Head of Cafes at Morrisons commented:
“Some small businesses have had a tough year so we have created the best Christmas meal for those on a budget. And as our cafés regularly host group meetups, we thought we’d extend the invite to local companies so they can save some Christmas costs. It will mean that more people can get into the party spirit without breaking the bank.”
The 2-course for £6.50 or 3-course for £7.50, menu includes:
- Fresh Soup: Fresh soup served with a freshly baked bap.
- Pate & Melba Toast: Brussels pâté served with balsamic onion chutney, salad and Melba toast.
- Prawn Cocktail: Prawn cocktail served with salad and brown bread.
- Christmas Turkey Lunch: Turkey, roast potatoes, mash, carrots, Brussels sprouts, stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, pig in blanket, gravy and cranberry sauce.
- Mushroom Wellington: Mushroom Wellington served with golden roast potatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots and drizzled with gravy.
- Salmon with hollandaise: Salmon fillet topped with hollandaise sauce. Served with baby potatoes and peas.
- Christmas Pudding: Christmas pudding served with brandy sauce or custard.
- Kelly’s Ice Cream: Chocolate or Strawberry.
To book a table please visit the Morrisons Bude store and ask for the Café Manager or Community Champion. For more information, visit: www.morrisons.co.uk