Popped to Bude earlier while it was quiet. The town centre was asleep apart from the sound of lots of work happening to buildings; work was also ongoing at the sea pool, and some new messages had appeared.
It feels like a very lovely bubble compared to the weekend, but also events going on nationally and globally. There are some changes societally today in terms of the loosening of lockdown.
Here are a few changes. In a nutshell, if you have any comments or info on the following, please get in touch:
- Some school pupils have returned to school today though it is anticipated that 50% of those due back in will stay at home
- Those who have been shielding can go outside today after being told it would be the end of June
- Many shops are due to re-open on 15th June, with chains like Primark saying they are opening all stores then
- Groups of up to six people can now meet in public places or private gardens if social distancing is observed
- Health leaders have expressed concerns that the rules are being relaxed too soon, saying this is not supported by the science. This comes after hordes of people gathered at beaches and beauty spots at the weekend were not adhering to social distancing guidelines
- The public has been told to limit itself to what is ‘sensible’ rather than what is ‘possible’
- Places of worship may reopen in the coming weeks. Discussions are underway … weddings are still off the agenda for now