Don’t worry, I shan’t be doing it, but there is to be a mass skinny dip at Summerleaze Beach on May 19th from 7 am, as a fundraiser for the mental health charity, MIND.
Wonder if it will attract similar numbers to the Christmas Day Swim?
The idea is to take people out of their comfort zone. You can also Chunky Dunk, or swim Suited and Booted raising funds and supporting Mental Health Awareness Week in May 2019.
Organiser, Ruth Hunt, says: My wish is to bring sympathetic people together, sharing stories around the campfire, waking up with the sunrise, taking a step out of their comfort zones to challenge fears and insecurities and, with the encouragement of camaraderie, run into the sea together.
Before the swim, there will be camping at Cerenety Eco Campsite on the Saturday night with an evening event – but people are able to just turn up for the skinny dip.
The event costs £10 or £15 with camping. There will be a communal campfire at 6 pm.
Find more information at the South West Skinny website.
Register here. Or you can just donate.
Mental Health Awareness Week (14 – 20 May 2019).
All bodies welcome, with no age limitations! All manner of swimwear or fancy dress is fine, or push yourself to experience the adrenaline of stripping off and running into the waves “au natural” with friends.
By Registering for this event, you will accept the following statements:
1) I am participating in this event of my own free will. I have considered the potential risks and I accept responsibility for my own actions.
2) I am of good health and know of no reason that entering cold water will cause any adverse health complications.
3) I am water confident or am supervised by an accompanying adult who can swim 50 at least metres unaided.
4) I am aware that the SW Skinny involves mass public nudity, and this will not offend me.
5) I understand that the organisers of this event, the participants, and local media will be taking photographs. The use of said photographs is impossible to police therefore I wholly accept responsibility for removing my clothes at a public event on a public beach and any consequences that might occur because of this choice I have made.
6) I agree that personal photographs taken are for my own use only, and permissions MUST be sought from any identifiable persons before posting on social media etc.
7) I accept responsibility for all personal possessions and understand that they are left at my own risk.