I will await the official government press info on timings/rules but a overview of today’s announcements;
- The 2 metre rule to be relaxed to 1 metre. Awaiting more info on mitigations such as face masks.
- The new guidelines will allow two households of any size to meet outdoors provided they maintain social distancing.
- Households will be able to meet for the first time indoors with one other household provided they also follow the one metre rule.
- The rules will also allow households visiting each other to stay overnight.
- From 4th July if safety measures are in place, the following can re-open (we do not yet know what the safety measures are as they will be allowed later today): Hotels, hostels bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday apartments or homes, cottages or bungalows, campsites, caravan parks or boarding house, places of Worship, libraries, community centres, restaurants, cafes, canteens, bars, pubs, cinemas, bingo halls, theatres and concert halls (not live performances),museums and galleries, hairdressers and barbers, outdoor playground, gyms, and adventure parks, etc., social clubs, etc.
Staying closed are:
- Nightclubs bowling alleys and indoor skating rinks, indoor play areas including soft-play, spas, beauty salons, massage and tattoo parlours, dance studios, swimming pools and water parks spas.