Fire services were called to a two-storey house fire in Poughill late this morning, including 2 from Bude, 1 from Holsworthy and 1 from Delabole. The fire was on the ground floor and firefighters worked hard, using hose reel jets, to prevent the fire from spreading to the first floor. An incident command unit was called from Launceston and a breathing apparatus support unit from St Austell.
The occupant was unhurt and was treated for smoke inhalation. Crews were able to rescue two dogs from the property. Great work.
The road between Inch’s Shop and the Post Office at Poughill was closed but later re-opened.