In a successful cream tea event at Poundstock, the Bude-based charity which supports families, Hi-5, raised £390 in two hours, with more monies yet to come in.
On their Facebook page, the charity said a big ‘thank you’ to all the following for helping:
- Firstly to Maria and Ron for ‘lending us’ their garden!
- All our lovely volunteers who helped make the day very successful.
- Morrison’s of Bude for their refreshment donation.
- Lansdown Deli for helping us with the cream.
- Boddington Berries of Mevagissey for their strawberry jam.
- Karen at The Cornish Scone Company.
- Friends who baked for us.
- Kev of Bude Scouts for their tent.
- Mike of Artisan Bread Company of Whitstable.
- Becky and Chris who stepped in at the last minute to face paint.
- All the individual money donations from people who couldn’t be with us yesterday.
It sounds like an amazing day. Sorry I wasn’t here to join in!