Encouraging kids outdoors
Education Secretary Damian Hinds has today (Friday 19 July) launched #SummerOutdoors which will suggest free or low-cost options to keep children entertained and spark interest in character building activities during the summer break, rather than being distracted by video games, boxsets or social media.
Consultation on ideas to reduce personal water consumption
Plans to encourage customers to save water in their everyday lives and to introduce a personal water consumption target have been published today (Friday 19 July).
The proposals form part of a public consultation that examines how water can be saved on a personal level, and how industry can take a leading role in supporting customers to use less.
In the 25 Year Environment Plan, the government committed to incentivise greater water efficiency and less personal use. As part of that, the aim of the new proposals is to develop a “water-saving culture” to make sure that there is enough clean water for everyone now and in the future.
Money for Devon and Cornwall Air Ambulances
Nine air ambulance charities across England will receive a share of £10 million funding. The 9 charities that will receive funding are:
- East Anglian Air Ambulance
- Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust
- London’s Air Ambulance
- Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust
- Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance Charitable Trust
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity
- Devon Air Ambulance Trust
- MAGPAS Air Ambulance
- Midlands Air Ambulance Charity
The funding means air ambulance charities will benefit from new equipment and improved facilities, including:
- modernised operational facilities at 7 airbases
- a new state-of-the-art helicopter for Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust
- 7 critical care cars with medical equipment
- immersive interactive training suites to better prepare crews for challenging conditions
The new and improved facilities will include immersive simulator suites, allowing paramedics to train with other emergency services, along with a dedicated wellbeing area for staff to debrief after serious incidents, offering a place to recuperate and sleep after challenging missions.