By Dawn Robinson-Walsh:
In 2021, I read 84 books, most of which came from Cornwall Libraries via our very own fantastic Bude Library.
This either means I love reading and read reasonably fast or that I have a sad old life, or maybe both. Anyway, I never had a fine but I know that reading slowly and building up fines has put some people off using the library.
So, ta-dah, great news, as Cornwall Libraries, including Bude, are removing fines …
Cornwall Libraries say:
- You save loads of money
- You can order/reserve online using the inter-library loans service
- You can download an app and renew online
- Currently, you go in the library to return but can collect from the foyer
- Free parking outside to visit the library
- Libraries are A GOOD THING! As a child in a low-income household, I relied heavily on my local library. I took time out when I was a publisher/author and bought many, many books. Now I love adding to my library list and reading items I might not buy but should read anyway, such as this one – widens horizons!
Thanks to the lovely, helpful librarian, Kymble Eldridge, for the info on charges …
What are you waiting for? Oh opening … they re-open on Wednesday 5th January …