Fire yesterday at Marhamchurch

Crews from Bude, Launceston and Holsworthy Fire Station attended a bungalow fire in Marhamchurch late yesterday afternoon.

The occupants fortunately had two working smoke alarms and a carbon monoxide alarm which all activated and helped alert them, and the whole family were able to escape safely.

Bude Fire Crew said: The importance of working smoke alarms and having a clear evacuation escape route if the worst were to happen cannot be emphasised enough. Thankfully there were no serious injuries.

A family member added:

A big thanks to Barney and the crew from Bude Fire Station plus the other two crews from other stations that also arrived here on our farm. To the Paramedics , Ambulance service and Western Power that also attended in making sure my family were safe and well. Sorry that we couldn’t thank you all personally as the situation was rather overwhelming and it’s only now that we can take in and reflect what has happened. Thank you all again.

Photo from Bude Fire Service Facebook

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.