Two fire appliances from Launceston and one fire appliance from Callington Community Fire Station with a Wholetime Officer were mobilised to a fire in a property in Roydon Road, St Stephens, near Launceston, with people possibly still inside.
On arrival, fire crews found the property to be heavily smoke-logged and one person suffering smoke inhalation.
Firefighters entered the property and found the source of the smoke was from a microwave, which was removed to outside.
The property was ventilated by using a positive pressure ventilation fan to help clear the smoke.
One person was left in the care of the Ambulance Service.