Over 25 calls were received at Fire Control reporting a motor home on fire at A30 Stowford Cross – Sourton yesterday morning. Fire engines were sent from Okehampton and North Tawton, along with assistance of one from Launceston from Cornwall Fire and Rescue. A water bowser was also sent from Exeter.
On arrival at the scene crews found the motor home to be well alight and set to work using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet. Propane cylinders were removed from the vehicle and cooled. Crews used four sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera and put a water shuttle in place using a near by hydrant.
The motor home was unfortunately severely damaged by the fire, which was caused accidentally.