Lizard rescued in house fire, Bideford

The Fire Service was called to a report of a fire within a property at Short Close, Bideford.  Two fire engines from Bideford were mobilised to this incident.  On arrival, crews confirmed the smoke and started work investigating further.

The fire in the kitchen of the two storey semi detached property involved the dishwasher.

Crews used a positive pressure fan, two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, small tools and a thermal imaging camera.  Water and electricity were isolated from inside the property.  One bearded dragon lizard was rescued by Fire Service personnel.  A small amount of smoke affected the neighbouring property.

Both properties were ventilated. The cause of the fire was accidental.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *