Several rural thefts have taken place in Devon & Cornwall recently. For example, an honesty box was stolen from a farm in Welcombe. Please ensure that if you sell products from your farm or roadside that you have CCTV and that you are fully displaying signs warning this.
Also, there have been a number of thefts from vehicles parked in rural locations.
Please follow the Police’s simple safety advice below.
Top tips to keep your vehicle safe
1) Secure doors, windows, boot and sunroof when you leave your vehicle.
2) Don’t leave items on display when you leave the vehicle, especially your satellite navigation system. You should also try and remove the mount when your vehicle is unattended. Clean any suction marks if visible from the window.
3) When you leave your vehicle, make sure you remove the keys from the ignition.
4) If you have to leave items in the vehicle put them in the boot out of sight.
5) Always park in a well-lit location that is visible to passers-by.
6) Have your vehicle windows marked/etched with the vehicle identification number (VIN).
7) Never leave car documents or spare keys inside the vehicle
For more information please follow this link.