Car Park Fire Crooklets


Fire service

Fire service

Late yesterday afternoon, a fire appliance from Bude Community Fire Station attended a bin fire at Crooklets car park. The fire crew used one hose reel to quickly extinguish the fire,  which was caused by the careless disposal of a barbecue. Didn’t feel much like BBQ weather yesterday either. 

Fortunately, on this occasion no-one was injured but any fire has the potential to cause harm.

The Fire Service requests that you: please ensure that you take extra care when disposing of your barbecue, that the coals and surrounding area are completely cool. This will not only prevent a fire starting but also prevent someone getting burnt if they were to tread on an area where a barbecue has been.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *