Bude fire crews have a busy weekend…

Fire service

Fire service

Yesterday, Bude Fire Station Facebook page reported:

🚒 Working smoke alarms save property!! 🚒
Both fire appliances were mobilised from Bude after a call was received about a kitchen fire. Thanks to the working smoke alarms throughout the property, the occupier was alerted to the grill pan fire and was able to safely remove it to outside before the fire spread – a great save, well done. A team wearing breathing apparatus entered the smoke logged property and a Positive Pressure Ventilation fan was used to vent to smoke.
More info on the importance of working smoke alarm here.

They added that:

Within minutes of returning from a grill pan fire, we were called again. This time to a chimney fire, involving a wood burner in Stratton. The register plate was removed and the burning embers were extinguished and removed from the property. This thermal imaging camera is an amazing piece of equipment which shows us the temperatures of walls and fires – identifying potential fire spread. Once the chimney had cooled, the area was cleaned and the incident was handed over to the occupier.

Thermal imaging camera at work

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.