The Met Office has published a yellow warning for wind in most areas of the south west for this evening, along with the south coast and coast of South Wales, with an amber warning for Cornwall, including Bude.
Storm Evert will bring very strong winds to southwest England, perhaps causing damage to infrastructure and leading to travel disruption. Timing is 9pm tonight – 7 am tomorrow morning.
What to expect
- Probably some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs. There may also be some fallen trees and damage to temporary outdoor structures is probable
- Longer journey times and cancellations likely, as road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected
- Some roads and bridges likely to close
- There is a good chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Flying debris is likely and could lead to Injuries or danger to life
- Injuries and danger to life is likely from large waves and beach material being thrown onto coastal roads, sea fronts and properties