Privacy Information, About Us and Our Policies
Privacy & Cookies
We do not collect email or username information unless you submit an event or an article/news. The information collected then is used for recognising who submitted the event or news item or article and is not used for any other marketing purposes.
Should you wish to see the data that was collected for a submission to the site, or for that data to be removed contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reset the cookie notice by clicking this.
About Us – The Bude & Beyond Team
Meet the volunteer Bude & Beyond team.
The brainchild of editor/writer Dawn Robinson, our website offering community news and information would not be workable without voluntary IT support from those good guys, Rob Wilcox and Dean Wronowski.
Rob keeps things running smoothly – somehow, if something doesn’t work well enough or breaks, Rob is the patient one who gets to the heart of the problem and provides a solution. He also makes links work on social media.
Dean, meanwhile, is the creative web designer who makes it look so attractive and coherent. Dean does most of the Facebook work for the site these days, too, which is our key social media audience.
Dawn doesn’t much like IT; she is very pleased that Rob and Dean make it work so she can focus on what she likes: writing, editing, and usually getting up very early in the morning to keep the content going.
We also currently have two volunteer writers, so a big welcome to Binzy Reynolds and Helen Shingler for also helping to keep you informed, and many of the images on Be Nostalgic are from Ray Boyd who is an incredible source of material on old Bude – and Beyond.
Bude & Beyond is committed to working within and adhering strictly to the Editors Code of Practice.
However, if any person feels we have breached the code in any way and wishes to make a complaint, please submit your complaint, in writing to the editor (email@example.com) in accordance with the following steps.
- All complaints must include the name and date of the publication, with reference to the specific article in question.
- Please include the URL of the article if possible, and/or link to any image or video.
- A detailed description of the complaint, with reference to specific words, phrases, images, instances, dates and records that are relevant, and which clauses of the Editors Code of Practice you believe the publication has breached.
Who can complain?
- Complaints must be made on behalf of a named individual only. This includes complaints where businesses and organisations are involved
- In submitting a complaint, you must provide your full name, address, phone number and email.
What can I complain about?
- You can complain about any article, in print or online, including words, images and audio/video content.
- You can also complain about the conduct of an individual journalist or employee of the publication in question, with reference to specific (if any) clauses of the Editors Code which are in breach
- Complaints must be contemporaneous and must be made within four months of publication.
- The publication will endeavour to respond to the complainant within 21 working days.
- The editor will confirm receipt of the complaint within three working days by contacting the complainant via email.
- All complaints will be dealt with by the editor of the publication that published the article, and/or the employer of the named individual.
- The editor will investigate the complaint to the best of his/her ability, in respect of the Editors Code of Practice, and respond accordingly.
- If we uphold your complaint, we will inform you of the remedial actions taken or to be taken.
All information provided to Bude & Beyond will be handled sensitively and within the boundaries of the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you want to reach out to us privately about this article, submit your ideas below. You can use the comments form at the bottom of this page to comment specifically on this article, publicly.