From Devon & Cornwall Police:
Police have charged four men following a police incident that culminated in 29 Vietnamese being located in a van on the M5.
Police were called just before 7.10am on Friday 12 April to Newlyn, following reports that a group of people were seen getting into the back of a van from a boat.
The van and another vehicle were stopped by officers on the M5 near J28 just after 9 am in which 29 men women and children were located, all believed to be Vietnamese; Police and partners continue to take care of those located in the van.
Following this, police have now charged the following four men in connection to this incident.
- Frank Walling aged 72 from Colne, Lancashire
- Glen Martin Bennett aged 55 Burnley
- Jon Ransom aged 63 from Kent
- Keith Royston Plummer aged 62 from Sheerness
All four have been charged with the following offences:
- S.2 Modern Slavery Act – Human Trafficking
- S.25 Immigration Act – Assisting unlawful immigration to a member state
They have all been remanded in custody and will be appearing at Truro Magistrates Court on 15th April.