Although tonight is late night shopping, which I will enjoy as much as the next person, I’m a bit sick of hearing about Black Friday, Cyber Monday and consumer spend, spend, spend this Christmas. What about those who do, do, do for the community?
So, I am interested to hear some pre-Christmas views from people who are active all year round in our amazing community. I’ve sent out the following 10 questions to some great people for whom I have contact details.
If you want to suggest anyone else, please ask them to email their responses and a photo to email@example.com pronto.
I realise it is a really busy time, and I haven’t contacted people who I know are really snowed under or can’t access the internet, but that’s not to stop them, and we’d all love to hear from them.
Anyway, first up is Pritch, surf aficionado, and volunteer for anything to do with a surfboard, for whom deep respect, and many thanks, Good Sir…what an impact you’ve made on Bude during 2014.
1. What are you enjoying most about Bude so far this advent?
2. What do you feel has been your greatest achievement in Bude during 2014?
3. What would you like to see happen in Bude in 2015?
4. Which person in Bude do you most admire for their community spirit and why?(er, Pritch, that’s four of them, but what the heck – and I totally agree; great choices).
5. What would be the best Christmas present of all for you this year?
6. What do you think is the best thing about Bude?
7. What makes Bude a great community?
Having people living here who genuinely care about other people. People who will go the extra mile to check you are ok, do something for other people and simply do something
for the benefit of others in the community whilst expecting nothing back for themselves!
8. What has been your favourite event in Bude this year?
9. Will you join the Bude SLSC Christmas day swim this year? (why/why not?)
10. What Christmas greeting would you like to give to the people of Bude?Wishing everybody in this wonderful town of ours Love, Luck, Laughter, Health and Happiness.
Powered by Facebook Comments